I needed an excuse to start thinking about what I wanted to bake in december. I wanted something rich and chocolately that pairs well with a darker beer. This dessert doesn’t disappoint. Made in smaller bites for smaller gatherings.
- Use unsweetened chocolate when melting it with the beer. If you don’t plan on frosting them, you can use semi-sweet to sweeten it up.
- Oil muffin tin generously and wait for brownies to cool before popping them out, Warm brownie bites will crumble.
- If frosted, store in refrigerator for up to a week. If not frosted, they can be stored at room temperature for 3 days.
Stout Brownie Bites with Eggnog Frosting
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 3/4 cup stout beer
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 pinch kosher salt
Stout Brownie Bites
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease mini muffin tins (you should make 48).
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and beer. Once chocolate starts to melt, add already melted butter. Once mix thoroughly, add granulated sugar until combined. Cool slightly.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, cocoa powder, kosher salt).
- Once the chocolate mixture is cooled, add the eggs. Once combined, add the dry ingredients slowly. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin. Bake 10-12 minutes. The center should be set when done.
- Cream softened butter and powdered sugar. Slowly add powdered sugar as you cream it together. Once combined, add eggnog a tablespoon at a time. Add a dash of salt. Thin out if necessary. Pipe onto bites.