Salty and crispy bacon glazed with a sweet mixture of riesling and maple syrup.
How to Make maple Riesling- Glazed bacon wraps
Cut 1 inch off of the end of the bacon. Cut the rest of the bacon in half and lay it over a wire rack over a foil lined baking sheet.
Wrap the paritally cooked bacon around the cooked chicken and diced green apple. Baste again.
Baste the bacon with the reduced syrup.
Bake at 450 F for about 12-15 minutes, or until it looks like this.
Cook 10 more minutes until crispy.
What else can I fill it with?
- Steak, sausage, other meats
Maple Riesling-Glazed Bacon Wraps
- 1/2 cup Riesling
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 16 oz bacon
- 1 large chicken breast cooked
- 1 apple tart such as granny smith or pink lady
- In a small saucepan, simmer wine and maple syrup for 5 minutes.
- Cut 1 inch of bacon off. Cut the rest of the bacon in half and place over a wire rack over a foiled lined baking sheet. Baste bacon with syrup mixture on both sides and bake for 15 minutes at 450°F.
- Wrap chicken pieces and diced apple and place back onto sheet. Baste again with syrup mixture. Bake another 10 minutes or until crispy.