Bourbon Caramel Sauce
Caramel sauce made with bourbon.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream room temperature
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- Stir together the sugar and water together in a saucepan. Brush the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
- Turn the stove to medium high heat. Cook until sugar becomes a golden amber color (it took me about 8 minutes). Turn the heat off and add cream while whisking. Once incorporated, add butter 1 tbsp at a time and cook over medium low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off again. Stir in salt and bourbon. Cool down to room temperature, and then store in refrigerator. Caramel sauce will thicken once refrigerated.