Don't want to wait for a loaf of bread to come out of the oven? Make muffins!
Golden Monkey- Belgian Style Tripel
This beer has a ton of flavor! This is hands down my favorite beer. Accented with banana and clove spices this complements the muffins very well. It’s light drinking, but a higher alcohol content at 9.5%.
I’m taking a brief fall break from the apples and pumpkins, and wanted to use up the bananas that were in my house.
flour: This is the structure for your bread! All-purpose is a easy find.
baking powder/baking soda: This is your leavening agent for your bread!
salt: Salt adds flavor and will bring out other flavors in the bread! Don’t skip out on this.
Ground Cinnamon: Make sure your spices are relatively fresh so you get the optimum flavor.
Unsalted Butter:This needs to be at room temperature to fully incorporate.
Granulated sugar. I use all white sugar. If you substitute half brown sugar, the mixture will be chewier.
Bananas: Must be brown and mushy. They are sweeter and easier to combine.
Eggs: This is your binding agent.
Beer: Belgian Style Tripel Ale
Candied beer pecans make all the difference! They are great to complement dishes as well as eaten on their own.
- Do not overmix your batter. You will end up with tunnels in your muffin if it is over mixed. Doing recipe by hand will prevent this from happening.
- Reduce your beer over the stove to have a more intense beer flavor.
- Add extra spices if you want more flavor like nutmeg or ground cloves.
Let cool completely before storing.
Room Temperature: Store in container at room temperature up to 4 days.
Freeze: Store in freezer bag up to 2 months
Banana Bread Muffins with Beer Candied Pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Belgain-Style Tripel Beer ex: Golden Monkey, Victory Brewing Company
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
Belgian-Style Tripel Glaze
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3-4 tbsp Belgian-Style Tripel Beer
Beer Candied Pecans
- 1.5 cups roughly chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp Belgian-Style Tripel Beer
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 heavy pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 24 muffin liners and line them in two 12 cup muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, mash together bananas, eggs, beer, and vanilla paste.
- In a large bowl, cream together the unsalted butter and sugar until it looks like wet sand.
- Alternate adding banana mixture and dry ingredients into the creamed butter mixture. Add chopped pecans if adding. Stop mixing once flour cannot be seen.
- Fill muffins 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and tops spring back. Add glaze and candied beer pecan topping.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and melted butter. Slowly add the beer until desired consistency.
Beer Candied Pecans
- Heat brown sugar and beer in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Once it boils, turn off heat, and add butter and salt.
- Add pecans. Pour mixture on a greased parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 300 for 20 minutes. Stop halfway to stir pecans.